Franklin Street CHC offers workshops for prospective home-owners and those interested in improving or refreshing their financial management skills.
Please register in advance, by signing-up online or calling the office at (517)482-8708.
Home-Buyer-Education Workshops are held twice monthly, and satisfy MSHDA’s requirements for downpayment assistance. Each class lasts a total of 8 hours. Upcoming classes are:
- Thursday, June 13th and June 20th, from 4:30 to 7:30 pm. Both sessions are required to receive a certificate.
- Saturday, June 15th, from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
- Thursday, July 18th and July 25th, from 4:30 to 7:30 pm.
- Saturday, July 20th, from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
Credit Counseling Group Session
- Wednesday, May 22nd, at 3:30 pm.
- Wednesday, June 12th, at 3:30 pm.
The Financial Management is a series of classes offered quarterly, and covers important money management strategies such as record-keeping, savings, budgeting, credit, identity-theft and predatory lending, and insurance and long-term planning.
Financial Management Skills Overview Session:
April 20th, 8:30 am-12:30 pm.
and April 27th, from 8:30 am -12:30 pm.
You can sign-up online or by calling (517)482-8708.